Dear ESUMC members and friends,
Greetings and peace to you all. I pray that you and your loved ones are well and blessed in this season of Advent. Here in Vienna, the early snow from last week has already melted away, but our hearts are full with hope as we await the celebration of the birth of Christ our Savior.
Again, we are happy to announce that starting this Sunday 13 December, our sanctuary will again be open for worship. All are welcome to join us for our celebration of the Third Sunday of Advent. In our worship service, we shall enjoy a very special video presentation of the story of the birth of Jesus, performed by the children of our congregation. We offer a great thank you to Shelley Brauneis for the many hours she dedicated to organizing the children, recording their performances, and putting together the final presentation. The video presentation will be shown in the sanctuary during the service, as well as streamed via Zoom to those worshipping at home.
Please note that those joining us for worship on Sunday must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- There shall be no singing by the congregation.
- Worshippers must remain at least 1.5 meters from persons from other households. The sanctuary has been reconfigured to ensure compliance with this guideline.
We thank you for your understanding, and look forward to seeing you, if you are able to join us in person on Sunday. Details for worshipping via Zoom may be found at the end of this email.
Please note the following congregational announcements for the coming week:
1) Today and every Tuesday, you are invited to join Pastor John for a time of open conversation and fellowship, from 10:00 to 11:00 via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 891 9884 1751
2) Every Tuesday, our Wärmestube outreach to persons in need operates from the church from 11:30 to 14:30. Volunteers are welcome to serve. For more information, please contact Doreen Ighama. Throughout December, in recognition of Giving Tuesday, we welcome your financial donations in support of this vital community ministry. Please be generous in your giving! You can give by bank transfer (see details at the end of this email) or by clicking on this link: http://www.esumc.at/give/. Please include "Giving Tuesday" in the payment reference. Thank you for your prayerful support!
3) Last week, the finance committee distributed the Estimate of Giving forms for 2021. Please consider a generous gift to support the ministry of ESUMC in 2021. In case you did not receive an Estimate of Giving form, please email the church office and one shall be forwarded to you. And just a reminder--at any time, you may make a bank transfer to the ESUMC account, using the details at the end of this email.
4) Every Sunday during Advent, the sanctuary will be open from 17:00 to 18:00 for a time of silent prayer and meditation. All are welcome.
Worship with us on Sunday!
Join us for worship at 11:15 this Sunday 13 December via Zoom. The details for online worship via Zoom are the same each week:
Connect by computer or smartphone:
Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
Or connect by telephone:
Dial +43 12 535 501 or +43 670 309 0165 and enter the meeting ID and password.
Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
May the peace of Christ be with you in this holy season.
Pastor John Calhoun
Image from Pastor John's installation on the 29th of November 2020.